Friday, April 24, 2009

Testing, testing, testing....


I was borrowing books from the State Library this afternoon. The 'Pustaka Negeri Sarawak' as it is called is located at Petrajaya, the administrative hub of Sarawak. While the books collection here is still very far from ideal, the good little news is that most of the books on display are relatively new books. Being a member I'm entitled to borrow 6 books at a time and the holding period is 2 weeks. However you can renew the books by phone provided you do it at least a day before due date. I think this arrangement is marvellous considering the fact that the distance from my house to Petrajaya is about 30 minutes drive and probably an hour if caught in a traffic jam. The best part is that I too can make the renewal from Bintulu which is 600 km from Kuching. Either way the arrangement by phone is very practical and convenient. The Library's website is here.



Just outside the library a small crowd was enjoying aerobic dancing. Anyone is free to join. I was given to understand that on every Monday, Wednesday and Friday of the week aerobic exercises are held here to encourage the Kuching public adopt a healthy life style. Aerobic sessions are held from 4.30 pm - 6.00 pm when the weather is slightly cooler. Well, this is my first attempt to add a video in my blog. Friends, if you can play it wonderful! If not do tell me. Hope you enjoy the video.

3 comments:

Chahya said...

Alamak...talking about books...teringat ada 9 buku dah 3 hari overdue! And can only send in another 2 days! Duh!

Zuzana said...

I have always like libraries, particulary when I was a child, I visited them often. I have not been to a library forever, as I can get so much over the internet, but my Irishman is an avid library visitor and a book lover.;))

Unknown said...

Hahaha... nice video Pak,..Betul kata mami ku, Jangan Pandang Belakang..huhhihihih...