Sunday, July 12, 2009

Curry Crabs

At Santubong's estuaries and coastal mudflats there can be found many types of crabs, clams, cockles, mussels, and many other varieties of fish. Back from Santubong the other day we brought home about a kilo of crabs costing RM 16. I had not taken crabs for a quite a while now and thought why not give it a go. I'm really the worst cook in the world. Therefore when it comes to cooking I respectfully leave it to my dear wife. Below is how she would prepare it:

Curry Crab Cooking Instructions:
1) Heat 3 table spoons of cooking oil in a wok
2) Saute ( stir fry) the mixed cinnamon, sliced onions,sliced garlic and curry leaves until fragrant and the colour turns golden
3) Add in fish curry paste for 10 minutes on low heat until the paste and oil separates
4) Add 3 cups of water, tamarind juice, Crabs and pineapple slices
5) Cook for 10 minutes on medium heat
6) Reduce the heat, add in thick coconut milk and salt to taste.
7) Add 2 spoons of sugar
8) Cook for another 10 minutes and the dish is ready to serve.

Yummy! the Curry Crabs dish is ready to serve.

View of Mount Santubong with mangrove trees in the foreground

3 comments:

Zuzana said...

I love sea food and this sounds absolutely delicious! Lovely pictures, the view of the mountain is stunning!:)

Unknown said...

I MISS YOUR COOKING!!!! save some for me!!Yummyyy!!

Mahmud Yussop said...

Protege,
I don't know whether you like curry, but in this particular dish the hotter it is the better!.
Moochiku,
Take a short holiday to Kuching bah!